Eric R. Schertel
Eric R. Schertel, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVS is the Executive Chairman of MedVet. He is responsible for the company’s strategic direction, overall performance, and growth efforts. Previously, he served as President, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Surgery, and has been a managing partner since June 1999. Throughout this time, Dr. Schertel has served as an influential leader and mentor, steadfast in his dedication to ensuring patients, clients, and Referral Partners receive exceptional service and care.
Prior to MedVet, Dr. Schertel was a faculty member at the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where he served as Director of Research in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery. His work has been widely published in peer-reviewed journals on veterinary surgery, shock, and cardiopulmonary physiology.
Dr. Schertel received his PhD in cardiopulmonary physiology in 1987 and completed his surgical residency at The Ohio State University. He enjoys traveling and spending time with family.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of California, Davis, Davis, California
- PhD: University of California, Davis, California
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Professional Memberships & Organizations
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine