Jeff D. Brourman
Chief Growth Officer
Jeff D. Brourman, DVM, MS, DACVS-SA is our Chief Growth Officer for MedVet.
Dr. Brourman completed his undergraduate studies and earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. During veterinary school, he received the Ohio State University Excellence in Small Animal Surgery Award in 1997. He next pursued a small animal internship at Michigan State University where he earned the Intern of the Year Award in 1998. He then returned to Ohio State for an intensive three-year surgical residency where he earned the Ohio State University Hospital Service Award and the Graduate Resident Award for Excellence in Clinical Research. During residency training, he also earned a Master’s of Science degree. Upon completing his residency, Dr. Brourman worked at one of the largest private veterinary referral hospitals in the country and passed his surgery board examination to become a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons.
When not caring for Patients, Dr. Brourman has a passion for teaching. He has been a locum faculty surgery instructor for the University of California Davis and provides lecture and laboratory instruction to veterinarians on a local, national, and international level. He was awarded Idaho’s Top 40 under 40 Award from the Idaho Business Review for the accomplishments of WestVet. He and his wife Brooke and their three children love living in Boise where they enjoy fly-fishing, bike riding, and camping.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree: The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
- Small Animal Internship: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Three-year Surgical Residency: The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
- Master of Science: The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
Professional Memberships & Organizations
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons