Linda B. Lehmkuhl
Linda B. Lehmkuhl, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Cardiology)
Chief Medical Officer (CEO Elect)
Linda B. Lehmkuhl, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM (Cardiology) is MedVet’s Chief Medical Officer and Chief Executive Officer Elect. She also serves on the Board of Directors. Prior to joining MedVet, she was an Assistant Professor of Cardiology at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine from 1993 through 1999.
Her clinical research is widely published in peer-reviewed journals and she is the cardio-respiratory section co-editor of a leading veterinary textbook, Current Veterinary Therapy XIII. She has served as a reviewer for most of the leading veterinary journals.
A strong supporter of continuing education, Dr. Lehmkuhl has lectured on clinical cardiology topics at both the national and international level including speaking at the World Animal Hospital Association Lecture Series throughout Japan.
Dr. Lehmkuhl serves as a consultant for numerous pharmaceutical companies developing new treatments for heart disease. Under her leadership, the Cardiology Department at MedVet has participated in numerous multicenter clinical trials leading to the development and use of new diagnostic techniques and medical therapies for heart disease in dogs and cats.
One of Dr. Lehmkuhl’s passions is creating and promoting authentic relationships with MedVet’s referring veterinarians. She works closely with her team of medical directors to ensure these partnerships are prioritized to offer the best collaborative patient care.
When away from the hospitals, she enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband, three children, and four dogs.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Masters of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
Professional Memberships & Organizations
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
- Presidential Advisory Committee
- Past Chair, Cardiology Examination Committee
- Past Chair, Presidential Nominating Committee
- Past Chair, ACVIM Forum Cardiology Program Committee
- Companion Animal Pacemaker Registry and Repository, Previous Director
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Past District Representative and Board Member
- Chair, Midwest Veterinary Conference Pet Animal Committee
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine