Linda B. Lehmkuhl
Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Linda Lehmkuhl serves as the Chief Executive Officer for MedVet.
In the role of Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Lehmkuhl holds responsibility for driving organizational success and execution of MedVet’s strategy to deliver an exceptional Employee Experience; deliver the MedVet Experience for MedVet’s patients, clients, and referral partners; and healthy growth.
She works closely with the Leadership Team and MedVet Board to ensure all members of our talented healthcare and support services teams work in hospitals with a mission-driven and values – based culture, strong dyad leadership, and state-of-the art equipment and technology. This strategic guidance and leadership helps to ensure MedVet successfully advances our mission of Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets.
Dr. Lehmkuhl is deeply committed to expanding access to MedVet’s specialty and emergency care to more communities and preserving the integrity of the veterinary profession. First and foremost, preserving the integrity of the profession means honoring those who dedicate their lives to the care of pets by delivering an excellent Employee Experience for our MedVet team members. It also means ensuring all organizational decisions put patient care, client service, and referral partner service at the forefront while maintaining a commitment to reinvesting in the profession through the provision of innovation, thought leadership, top tier continuing education, clinical research, and organizational partnerships.
Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Lehmkuhl was an Assistant Professor of Cardiology at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine from 1993 through 1999. She earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from The Ohio State University in 1989. She then completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery followed by a residency in cardiology at The Ohio State University. During her residency, she earned a Master of Science.
When away from the hospitals, Dr. Lehmkuhl enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her husband, three adult children, and three dogs.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Masters of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
Professional Memberships & Organizations
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
- Presidential Advisory Committee
- Past Chair, Cardiology Examination Committee
- Past Chair, Presidential Nominating Committee
- Past Chair, ACVIM Forum Cardiology Program Committee
- Companion Animal Pacemaker Registry and Repository, Previous Director
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Past District Representative and Board Member
- Chair, Midwest Veterinary Conference Pet Animal Committee
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine