Dogs With Lens Changes
At MedVet Columbus
MedVet Columbus is enrolling dogs with Nuclear sclerosis or cataracts in a study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a topical ophthalmic solution in delaying the progression and/or reversal of lens changes in dogs. Patients will be randomized into one of two dose concentration groups.
Qualifications to Enroll:
- Dogs must be diagnosed with bilateral nuclear sclerosis or cataracts (with or without diabetes) by the Primary Investigator
- Dogs must not have KCS, glaucoma, uveitis, or lens luxation
- Patients may not have been part of another clinical trial in the past 6 months
- Dogs must not have any active infections or systemic organ dysfunction that would limit full participation in the study
- Owners must be able to return for all study visits (screening, week 2, week 4, week 8, week 16)
- Owners must be able to treat their dog with eye drops three times a day.
All costs associated with the study will be covered by the study sponsor including: ocular exams by a board certified ophthalmologist, photographs, labwork, and test article. Owners that complete the full study will be eligible for a sponsor incentive (Prepaid gift card) as well as the possibility of continued use of the product and additional exams up to one year.
Columbus: Dr. Terah Webb at email@example.com or Edna Moore (Clinical Studies Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-310-1720