Cats with Feline Chronic Gingivostomatitis
MedVet Indianapolis is currently enrolling cats with chronic gingivostomatitis that have not responded to standard treatment in a study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a stem cell based therapy to treat cats with FCGS that have not had success with other treatments. This is a multi-site study based on research completed at UC Davis.
Qualifications to Enroll:
- Cats must at least one year old and greater than or equal to 2kgs.
- Cats must have documented diagnosis of FCGS and have undergone full standard of care therapy, full or pre-molar tooth extractions but are non-responsive for at least three to six months following extractions despite ongoing medical therapy.
- Cats with co-morbidities are allowed as long as they will not interfere with treatment or evaluation of efficacy of the test article.
- Owners must be able to return for all study visits over a 12-month period.
- Cats may not have any planned surgical procedures for the duration of the study.
- Cats must be free of anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant therapy for 28 days prior to therapy and remain off those therapies during the trial. Cats can be on these therapies at the time of the first examination with the MedVet BOARD CERTIFIED VETERINARY DENTIST™.
Labwork and the stem cell therapy will be provided to the owner at no charge. The owner is responsible for the office call and costs associated with the administration of the stem cell therapy.
Edna Moore (Clinical Studies Coordinator) at email@example.com or 614.310.1720