Kristine Walters, DVM is a Veterinarian who is residency trained in Veterinary Medical Oncology at WestVet Boise where she has been a part of the team since August 2020. Dr. Walters attended Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and a minor in Biomedical Science. Following her undergraduate studies, she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Services in Fort Collins, CO. Dr. Walters then went on to complete a rotating medicine and surgery internship at WestVet Boise in Garden City, ID and a Medical Oncology Residency at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in Saint Paul, MN.
Dr. Walters has a special interest in personalized chemotherapy. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is forming relationships with pets and their families. She loves learning about her patients and how each one is a special part of the family.
When not in the hospital, Dr. Walters enjoys being outside and spends her free time fly-fishing, skiing, hiking, horseback riding, and road biking. She is passionate about Golden Retrievers and anyone who gets to know her quickly realizes her love for them. She has a rescue Golden Retriever of her own, named Piney. Her other rescue is Fergus, an orange cat she adopted from a team member at WestVet Boise.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Kristine Walters, Veterinary Oncology at WestVet in Boise, Idaho.
- Bachelor of Science: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Services, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: WestVet Boise, Garden City, Idaho
- Medical Oncology Residency: University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- Veterinary Cancer Society (VCS)