Aaron Jackson, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA, is a Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Chicago, where he also serves as the Surgery Department Representative. He has been part of the MedVet team since 2010 and has worked as a referral surgeon in Chicago since 2002.
Dr. Jackson earned his Bachelor of Science degree and his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Illinois in Champaign, IL. Following his graduation, Dr. Jackson completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship and a small animal surgery residency at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Jackson previously served as Medical Director of MedVet Chicago and, most recently, returned to the University of Illinois where he earned a Master of Business Administration.
Since becoming a Board-certified Veterinary Surgeon in 2006, Dr. Jackson has become a leader and well-known figure in the Chicago veterinary community. He is the author and co-author of several bodies of written work published in a variety of veterinary publications, including “Slatter’s Textbook of Small Animal Surgery.” He has also lectured on small animal surgery both nationally and internationally. Although Dr. Jackson maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal surgery, he has a particular interest in airway surgery and advanced orthopedic procedures.
When not treating patients, Dr. Jackson enjoys spending time with his children and stepchild, reading, and gardening.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- Masters of Business Administration: University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Champaign, Illinois
- Internship: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Residency: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Illinois Veterinary Medical Association (ISVMA)
- Veterinary Orthopedic Society (VOS)
- Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO)