Dr. Verdema attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. Additionally, Dr. Verdema is a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner, a Certified Veterinary Medical Acupuncturist, and has earned a Companion Animal Pain Management Certificate. Prior to joining MedVet, he was an Adjunct Professor of Veterinary Behavior at Michigan State University.
Dr. Verdema has a special interest in animal behavior, rehabilitation, pain management, and geriatrics. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is getting to see something new every day.
When away from the hospital, he enjoys spending time with his husband and their pets.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Certification: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP)
- Certified Veterinary Medical Acupuncturist (cVMA)
- American Association of Rehabilitation Veterinarians (AARV)
- American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition (AAVN)
- American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB)