Dr. Allen attended Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA where she graduated summa cum laude, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Natural Resource Ecology and Management. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Allen completed a residency in laboratory animal medicine at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA.
Dr. Allen is a co-author of “Immunomodulation Associated with Sustained-release Buprenorphine in Female CD1 Mice Challenged with Ovalbumin,” published in Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science. She has a special interest in emergency medicine, laboratory animal medicine, and clinical and anatomic pathology. Dr. Allen’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is advocating for the highest quality care for pets while forming a trusting relationship with the pet’s family.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA
- Residency: Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Louisiana Branch of American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (LBAALAS)