Alice Xenachis, DVM, CVA, CFT, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined MedVet Mobile and MedVet Mandeville in June 2019. Dr. Xenachis earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Science and Psychology from Rutgers College in New Brunswick, NJ, followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, CA.
Following her graduation, Dr. Xenachis completed a yearlong rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at VCA Norwalk in Bridgeport, CT. She is certified in Veterinary Acupuncture (CVA) and Food Therapy (CFT).
Dr. Xenachis is a member of both local and national veterinary medical organizations, including the Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association, Alabama Veterinary Medical Association, and the American Veterinary Medical Association. Her work on veterinary acupuncture has been published in veterinary medical journals.
Dr. Xenachis favorite part of veterinary medicine is helping relieve animals’ discomfort and helping their owners take the best possible care of their furry family members.
When not treating patients, Dr. Xenachis can be found running and hiking with her pets.
- Bachelor of the Arts in Biology and Psychology: Rutgers College (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, CA)
- Rotating Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: VCA Norwalk (Bridgeport, CT)
- CVA (Certified Veterinary Acupuncture),
- CFT (Certified in Food Therapy)
- AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association)
- MVMA (Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association)
- ALVMA (Alabama Veterinary Medical Association)