Amber B. Hutchinson, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Pittsburgh where she has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Hutchinson attended the University of Calgary in Calgary, Alberta, Canada where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Calgary Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. Prior to joining MedVet, she practiced emergency medicine for more than nine years in addition to serving as a Medical Director and Director of Emergency Services.
Dr. Hutchinson has a special interest in managing complex metabolic conditions such as diabetes, kidney disease, and Addison’s disease. Additionally, she enjoys working on nutritional management. Dr. Hutchinson’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is communicating with pet owners to determine the best course of action for them and their pet.
Dr. Hutchinson is a pug lover and enjoys spending time with her pugs and cats. Additionally, she enjoys reading, writing, traveling, and volunteering. She is dedicated to helping with the mental health crisis in veterinary medicine and has participated in various organizations that assist with the care of pets in difficult situations.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree: University of Calgary Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA)
- Not One More Vet (NOMV)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)