Andrea Marquiss, DVM is a Specialty Intern in Veterinary Surgery at MedVet New Orleans where she has been a part of the team since July 2021. Dr. Marquiss attended Miami University in Oxford, OH where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology and a Bachelor of Arts degree in French. Following her undergraduate studies, she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine in East Lansing, MI. While pursuing her veterinary degree, she worked as a caretaker in the wildlife ward, treating and rehabilitating injured wildlife. Prior to joining MedVet New Orleans, Dr. Marquiss completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at BluePearl in Tampa, Fl and a Specialty Surgery Internship at MedVet Dayton in Dayton, Oh.
Dr. Marquiss has a special interest in wound management and fracture repair. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is watching as an animal heals and starts to feel better.
Outside of the hospital, Dr. Marquiss has a wide variety of hobbies and interests from collecting plants and comic books, to partaking in outdoor activities such as biking. She also enjoys swimming and was a varsity swimmer in college.
- Bachelor of Science: Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts: Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
- Medicine and Surgery Rotating Internship: BluePearl, Tampa, Florida
- Surgery Specialty Internship: MedVet Dayton, Dayton, Florida