Dr. Lacqua attended Boston University in Boston, MA, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Ecology and Conservation Biology. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine in North Grafton, MA. Following earning his veterinary degree, Dr. Lacqua completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at BluePearl Pet Hospital in Tampa, FL.
Dr. Lacqua has co-authored multiple case reports in various veterinary publications, including Veterinary Medicine and Science, Brazilian Journal of Veterinary Medicine, and Caribbean Journal of Science.
Dr. Lacqua has a special interest in reconstructive surgery, surgical oncology, orthopedics, exotics, and international veterinary medicine. His favorite thing about practicing veterinary medicine is the positive impact made on pets and their loving families.
When away from the hospital, he enjoys writing for the student-authored blog site Merck Manual Veterinary Student Stories and rock-climbing.
- Bachelor of Arts: Boston University, Boston, MA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine in North Grafton, MA
- Internship: BluePearl Pet Hospital, Tampa, FL
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Animal Awareness Abroad Foundation
- Florida Veterinary Medical Association (FVMA)