Ashley Bryant, MA, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville, where she has been part of the team since August 2020. Dr. Bryant received her Master of Arts in Social Anthropology degree from the University of St. Andrews in St. Andrews, Scotland. After graduation, she worked with wildlife in Botswana and South Africa for several years. She then began veterinary school and received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from St. George’s School of Veterinary Medicine in Grenada.
Dr. Bryant finds emergency medicine, shelter medicine, and wildlife (conservation) medicine of particular interest. Her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is being around animals and knowing she can help to reduce the suffering of her patients.
Outside of working, she enjoys hiking, listening to music, scuba diving, traveling, and yoga. She especially enjoys learning about new cultures and languages, and wildlife (in particular, African wildlife). She has even worked with wildlife in four African countries!
- Master of Arts in Social Anthropology: University of St. Andrews (St. Andrews, Scotland)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George's University School of Veterinary Medicine (St. George, Grenada)
- Rotating Internship: MedVet Mandeville (Mandeville, LA) and MedVet New Orleans (Metairie, LA)
- Phi Zeta Veterinary Honors Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)