Ashley C. Kruegl, VMD is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Dayton and MedVet Cincinnati where she has been part of the emergency team since 2014. Dr. Kruegl attended The College of New Jersey where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree and the University of Pennsylvania where she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2010. Following her graduation from veterinary school, she completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, in New Jersey.
Prior to veterinary school, Dr. Kruegl spent a summer interning in the Terrapin Conservation Program at the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor, New Jersey studying aspects of embryonic development in turtles. Her team’s findings were published in the Journal of Herpetology and was presented at the Atlantic Estuarine Research Society meeting.
Although Dr. Kruegl maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal emergency medicine and has particular interest in the management of critical cases and shock. Dr. Kruegl enjoys communicating with clients and the challenge of creating diagnostic and treatment plans for best patient care. When not treating patients, Dr. Kruegl enjoys knitting, hiking and spending time with her husband (Josh), 2 dogs (Clover and Rosie) and cat (Max).
- Bachelors of Science: The College of New Jersey, Ewing, New Jersey
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Internship: Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, Tinton Falls, New Jersey
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association