Ashley Martin, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is the Regional Medical Director for the Gulf Coast and Dallas Fort-Worth. She is also a board-certified Veterinary Internist at MedVet New Orleans. Dr. Martin has been part of the medical team since 2015. She attended Louisiana State University where she earned both her Bachelor of Science degree in 2002 and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2006. Following graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Martin completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine and a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine.
After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2010, Dr. Martin practiced at a busy North Carolina specialty hospital before joining MedVet. She is the author and co-author of articles published in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. She is an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on a variety of internal medicine topics.
Dr. Martin is experienced in all aspects of internal medicine with particular interests in endoscopy, bronchoscopy, rhinoscopy, cystoscopy, and interventional radiology procedures. She also has a strong interest and extensive experience in managing acute kidney disease. She is happy to be back home in the Gulf Coast and practicing with such a talented and collaborative team of doctors. When not treating patients, Dr. Martin enjoys traveling and spending time with her two children.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Internship: Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Residency: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association