Ashley Nakaoka, DVM, is a veterinary intern at MedVet Silicon Valley where she has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Nakaoka attended Wellesley College in Wellesley, MA before transferring to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa in Honolulu, HI where she graduated Cum Laude, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Japanese Language and a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Pullman, WA.
Dr. Nakaoka has a special interest in integrative medicine, specifically rehabilitation, traditional Chinese veterinary medicine, and laser therapy. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is using integrative medical approaches to prevent and manage ongoing diseases to help pets lead healthier and happier lives with their families.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Nakaoka enjoys cooking, farmer’s markets, and working out. Her favorite workouts include fitness martial arts, high intensity interval training, and weightlifting. Additionally, Dr. Nakaoka likes learning languages as it helps her to connect with a wider breadth of people. Between high school and college, she has studied Japanese, Hawaiian, Okinawan, and Korean.
- Bachelor of Arts: The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Honolulu, HI
- Bachelor of Science: The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Honolulu
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Pullman, WA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)