Baye Williamson, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Neurology) is a Veterinary Neurologist & Neurosurgeon at MedVet Silicon Valley where she has been a part of the team since 2018. Dr. Williamson attended Converse College in Spartanburg, SC where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. Following her undergraduate studies, she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Tennessee in 2012. Dr. Williamson then completed a small animal rotating internship at University of Missouri in Columbia, MO and a neurology internship at Long Island Veterinary Specialists in Plainview, NY. She completed her post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Missouri prior to entering into her neurology and neurosurgery residency program at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.
Dr. Williamson has authored a publication regarding how signs consistent with Syringobulbia may be detected in dogs undergoing MRI. She maintains a special interest in these conditions as well as feline neurology, neurosurgery, and neurodegenerative diseases. Her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is seeing her patients improving and doing well at home, and working with owners to give their pets the best quality of life for as long as possible. She also enjoys collaborating with and educating her colleagues on different treatments for neurologic diseases.
When not in the hospital, Dr. Williamson can be found exploring the Bay Area, hanging out with her two Dachshunds, Sonny and Pherb, or working out.
- Bachelor of Science: Converse College in Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Tennessee
- Rotating Internship: University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri
- Post-doctoral fellowship: University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri
- Neurology Internship: Long Island Veterinary Specialists in Plainview, New York
- Residency: Cornell University in Ithaca, New York