Benjamin Lee, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Oncology) is a board-certified Veterinary Medical Oncologist at MedVet Asheville where he been part of the team since September 2020. Dr. Lee attended Appalachian State University in Boone, NC where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Pre-Medicine. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Mississippi State College of Veterinary Medicine in Starkville, MS. Dr. Lee then completed a specialty internship in rotating medicine and surgery at Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, CO and a residency in Medical Oncology at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in Athens, GA.
Dr. Lee has special interests in hematology and hematologic malignancies (specifically lymphoma), immunotherapy, targeted therapies, novel treatments, palliative care and quality of life management. He has authored a publication on the retrospective evaluation of a modified human lung cancer stage classification in dogs with surgically excised primary pulmonary carcinomas. Dr. Lee’s favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is developing relationships with pets and their families and seeing positive responses to treatment.
In his free time, Dr. Lee enjoys spending time with his wife, three dogs, and three cats. He also enjoys hiking, reading, playing music and attending concerts.
- Bachelor of Science: Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Mississippi State College of Veterinary Medicine, Starkville, Mississippi
- Specialty Internship in Rotating Medicine and Surgery: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Residency in Medical Oncology: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, Georgia
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)