Dr. Prettegiani attended the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada where she earned a Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences degree in Physiology and Pharmacology. She then attended the University College Dublin School of Veterinary Medicine in Dublin, Ireland where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. She then completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the VCA SouthPaws Emergency and Specialty Center in Fairfax, VA. She went on to complete three specialty internships in veterinary surgery at the Veterinary Surgical Center in Vienna, VA, Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador in Mount Pearl, Netherlands, and MedVet Cincinnati, Fairfax, OH.
Dr. Prettegiani has a special interest in wound care, trauma, soft tissue reconstruction, and fracture repair. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is working with pet parents to help provide their pet with the best quality of life as possible. She is also Fear Free Certified® and RECOVER CPR Advanced Life Support (ALS) Certified.
In her spare time, Dr. Prettegiani enjoys traveling, crocheting, sewing, and walking with her dog (Gus).
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences: University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University College Dublin School of Veterinary Medicine, Dublin, Ireland
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: VCA SouthPaws Emergency and Specialty Center, Fairfax, VA
- Surgery Internship: Veterinary Surgical Center, Vienna, VA
- Surgery Internship: Veterinary Specialty Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador, Mount Pearl, Netherlands
- Surgery Internship: MedVet Cincinnati, Fairfax, OH
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- AO Veterinary Division Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)
- Lions Clubs International