Dr. Hartrum attended the University of Georgia in Athens, GA where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture and Biological Sciences. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Midwestern University College of Veterinary Medicine in Glendale, AZ. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Hartrum completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine in Blacksburg, VA. In addition, she completed an ophthalmology internship at Animal Eye Care Associates with locations in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, and Yorktown, VA. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Hartrum spent a year in general veterinary practice in Charleston, SC.
Dr. Hartrum is a co-author of an article regarding cataract surgery performed after retinal reattachment surgery in dogs, which was published in Veterinary Ophthalmology. Additionally, she has a special interest in feline ophthalmology and ocular and adnexal surgery. Dr. Hartrum’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is educating pet owners as well as seeing the reactions of a formerly blind pet and their family when reunited for the first time following restoration of their vision.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Hartrum enjoys the beach, trying new restaurants, attending fitness classes, and spending time with her cats: Emmett, Sophei, Henry, and Arwin.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Midwestern University College of Veterinary Medicine, Glendale, AZ
- Internship: Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, VA
- Internship: Animal Eye Care Associates, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, and Yorktown, VA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)