Dr. Boostrom attended the University of Maryland in College Park, MD where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences. Following earning his undergraduate degree, he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of California at Davis in Davis, CA. He then joined the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA for his rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery. Dr. Boostrom completed his Medical Oncology residency and earned a Master of Science degree in Clinical Sciences at the Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Fort Collins, CO.
Dr. Boostrom has authored and co-authored several publications, which have been published in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, the Journal of Veterinary Ophthalmology, and Veterinary and Comparative Oncology.
Dr. Boostrom’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is helping to provide more happy days to patients and their families. He finds it rewarding to explore options that best suit each patient so that they can enjoy as much joy, comfort, and peace as possible. Helping families savor silly and joyful moments with their pets is especially important to Dr. Boostrom, as he has personally experienced the challenges of fighting cancer with his own beloved pup Aedan. “When our pets have cancer, we treasure them more than ever.”
In his personal time, Dr. Boostrom enjoys spending time with his high school sweetheart wife Amanda and their two little girls June and Claire. They spend family time together cooking, camping, biking, going on stroller runs, and goofing around. Dr. Boostrom also loves watching Capitals hockey games and scuba diving. His family “serves” two pets: Piglet the orange tabby and Bella, their talented escape artist Golden Doodle.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of California at Davis, Davis, CA
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Medical Oncology Residency: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, CO
- Master of Science: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, CO
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Metronomic Global Health Initiative (MGHI)
- Veterinary Cancer Society (VCS)