Brent Aona, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Cardiology) is a Veterinary Cardiologist at MedVet Columbus and MedVet Dayton where he has been part of the team since 2018. Dr. Aona graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences, followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. After finishing veterinary school, Dr. Aona completed a yearlong rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University in North Grafton, MA. He next completed a three-year cardiology residency at North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Aona has a special interest in congenital heart disease and interventional cardiology. He is passionate about delivering exceptional service and care and finds great joy in seeing Patients reunite with their family post-care.
When not caring for his patients, Dr. Aona enjoys spending time at the lake with his family and dogs.
- Bachelor of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Rotating Internship: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, North Grafton, Massachusetts
- Residency: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine