Brett Harling, DVM is Residency Trained in Internal Medicine and joined the MedVet Chicago team in August 2019. Dr. Harling earned his Bachelor of Science degree with honors in Animal Sciences from The University of Florida in Gainesville, FL followed by his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from St. George’s College of Veterinary Medicine in the West Indies, Grenada where he was a member of the Dean’s List. He completed a general medicine and surgery internship and a one-year program in Interventional Radiology and Endoscopy at the Animal Medical Center in New York, NY in addition to a second specialty internship in internal medicine at Animal Specialty Group in Los Angeles, CA.
Dr. Harling has a host of special interests within internal medicine including interventional approaches to canine and feline urology/nephrology, minimally invasive endourologic and respiratory interventions, regenerative medicine and stem cell therapy, and critical care management. He is passionate about providing the best care possible for patients and always looks toward pushing the boundaries of current standards of care to optimize patient wellness. MedVet was the perfect opportunity for him to provide the best care for pets and understands that veterinary medicine is rapidly evolving with burgeoning opportunities for providing new and novel treatments.
When not practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Harling enjoys running outdoors, playing tennis, and spending time with his dogs at the dog park.
- Bachelor of Science with Honors in Animal Sciences: The University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George’s College of Veterinary Medicine (West Indies, Grenada)
- General Medicine and Surgery Internship: Animal Medical Center (New York, NY)
- One-year Program in Interventional Radiology and Endoscopy: Animal Medical Center (New York, NY)
- Internal Medicine Internship: Animal Specialty Group (Los Angeles, CA)