Brigitte McAtee, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM) is a Veterinary Internist at MedVet New Orleans where she has been part of the team since January 2020. Dr. McAtee earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Loyola University in New Orleans. She then earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Auburn University. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. McAtee completed a yearlong rotating internship at the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine and a three-year internal medicine residency at Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine.
While interested in all aspects of veterinary medicine, she finds the varied cases in internal medicine fascinating, especially gastrointestinal, infectious, and immune-mediated diseases.
- Bachelor of Science: Loyola University in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Rotating Internship: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Internal Medicine Residency: Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (SAIM)