Carlos Pereyra, DVM, MS is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Richardson and MedVet Dallas where he has been part of the emergency team since 2012. Dr. Pereyra attended City College of New York where he earned a Masters of Science degree and Santo Domingo College of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
Following his veterinary medical education, Dr. Pereyra worked for eight years in private practice in the Bronx before he moved to Texas in 2006. He especially enjoys the variety of cases that he sees in the emergency room environment. Dr. Pereyra lives with his wife, and their 16-year-old Jack Russell Terrier, Sassy, who initially introduced the couple at a park. When not seeing patients, Dr. Pereyra enjoys traveling, reading, and watching Yankee games.
- Bachelor of Science: City College of New York, New York, New York
- Masters of Science: City College of New York, New York City, New York
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Santo Domingo College of Veterinary Medicine, Dominican Republic
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association