Carolyn Emery, DVM is a veterinarian who is residency trained in Veterinary Dermatology at MedVet Salt City and MedVet Northern Utah. She has been a part of the MedVet team since November 2020. Dr. Emery attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst in Amherst, MA where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Animal Science. She then attended the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine in True Blue, Grenada where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Emery completed a rotating internship at the New England Animal Medical Center in West Bridgewater, MA. In addition, she completedtwo dermatology internships at the Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, TX, and at the Pittsburgh Veterinary and Specialty Emergency Center in Pittsburgh, PA. She then completed a Dermatology Residency at the University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine in Davis, CA.
Dr. Emery has a special interest in CO2 laser surgery, procedures relating to the ear (otic), and immune and infection disease cases. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is helping pets and their families. She is currently working towards becoming Fear Free Certified, a certification dedicated to eliminating fear, anxiety, and stress in pets.
In her spare time, Dr. Emery enjoys horseback riding, skiing, hiking, and practicing yoga.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Massachusetts Amherst in Amherst, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine, True Blue, Grenada
- Rotating Internship: New England Animal Medical Center, West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
- Dermatology Internship: Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, Texas
- Dermatology Internship: Pittsburgh Veterinary and Specialty Emergency Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Dermatology Residency: University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, California
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)