Carolyn Emery, DVM, Diplomate, ACVD, is a BOARD CERTIFIED VETERINARY DERMATOLOGIST® at MedVet Salt Lake City and MedVet Northern Utah. She has been a part of the MedVet team since November 2020. Dr. Emery attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst in Amherst, MA where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree. She then attended the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine in True Blue, Grenada where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Her clinical year was done at Cornell University. Dr. Emery completed a rotating internship at the New England Animal Medical Center in West Bridgewater, MA. In addition, she completed two dermatology internships at the Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, TX, and at the Pittsburgh Veterinary and Specialty Emergency Center in Pittsburgh, PA. She then completed a Dermatology Residency at the University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine in Davis, CA.
Dr. Emery has a special interest in chronically infected ears, autoimmune and infectious diseases. She has an interest in specialized growth removals with CO2 laser surgery. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is helping patients with chronic allergy conditions get some relief. She is also working on her Fear Free certification to help reduce stress, fear, and anxiety for patients at the veterinary office.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Carolyn Emery, Veterinary Dermatologist at MedVet Salt Lake City and MedVet Northern Utah.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Massachusetts Amherst in Amherst, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine, True Blue, Grenada
- Rotating Internship: New England Animal Medical Center, West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
- Dermatology Internship: Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, Texas
- Dermatology Internship: Pittsburgh Veterinary and Specialty Emergency Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Dermatology Residency: University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, California
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)