Carrie Griffith, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet Akron medical team in 1996. Dr. Griffith attended the University of Kentucky, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. Following the completion of her undergraduate studies, Dr. Griffith went on to earn a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
In addition to her clinical endeavors, Dr. Griffith is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Cleveland Academy of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society, Ohio Veterinary Medical Association, and Summit County Veterinary Medical Association. She is also a published author with written work appearing in the IVECCS Journal, as well as a self-published collection of veterinary stories called So How Was Your Day, Doc?.
In her more than 21 years in veterinary emergency medicine, Dr. Griffith has treated nearly every type of emergency case, but remains particularly passionate about treating trauma cases. Her favorite part of being a veterinarian is seeing happy, healthy pets reunited with their owners. When not caring for patients, Dr. Griffith enjoys writing, horseback riding, reading, photography, healthy living, and spending time with family and friends.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Cleveland Academy of Veterinary Medicine
- Summit County Veterinary Medical Association