Carrie Breaux, DVM, MVSc, and Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (DACVO), joined WestVet in 2008. As a board-certified veterinary ophthalmologist, Dr. Breaux has the distinction of being one of an elite group of veterinary specialists practicing worldwide.
Dr. Breaux says her desire to pursue veterinary medicine simply sprang from her love of science and animals. Growing up on a farm in Illinois, she was surrounded by animals of all kinds including horses, cows, sheep, cats, dogs, and even a few pigs. She earned two bachelor degrees, a BS in Biology from Eastern Illinois University, followed by a BS in Veterinary Medicine from the University of Illinois in Champaign. She continued at the U of I, graduating with her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 2001.
- Bachelor of Science (Biology): Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois
- Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Medicine): University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- Masters Degree (Veterinary Science): University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- Internship (Equine Medicine and Surgery): Littleton, Colorado
- Internship (Ophthalmology): Denver, Colorado
- Residency: University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ACVO)