Carrie Jurney, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Neurology) is a board-certified Veterinary Neurologist at MedVet Silicon Valley. Dr. Jurney received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine (graduating Summa Cum Laude). Following graduation, she completed an internship at the VCA Specialty Center of Seattle and her Neurology Residency at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine.
Prior to MedVet, she practiced both locally in the Bay Area and as a locum consultant.
Dr. Jurney received her advanced neurosurgical certificate in 2011 and is a founding member of the Veterinary Neurosurgical Society.
She is an enthusiastic clinician, who particularly enjoys neurocritical care and neurosurgery, and takes interest in inflammatory brain diseases. As a lover of Neurology and an enthusiastic teacher, she takes delight in helping her patients, their owners, and her referral partners navigate the challenges of neurologic disease.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (Summa Cum Laude) : University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine (Athens, GA)
- Internship: VCA Specialty Center of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
- Neurology Residency: University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine (Philadelphia, PA)
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)
- Founding Member: Veterinary Neurosurgical Society.