Dr. Havemann attended Smith College where she earned a Bachelor of Arts and Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she received her doctor of veterinary medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Havemann completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery and a second internship in small animal surgery at Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center followed by a three-year residency in small animal surgery at MedVet Columbus.
Dr. Havemann initially worked as a triage nurse in the emergency department at MedVet Columbus for a year prior to attending veterinary school at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Havemann then practiced as an emergency veterinarian and intern at the Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center. As an emergency veterinarian, she learned the importance of pre-operative stabilization and post-operative monitoring. Dr. Havemann’s believes treating the whole patient while providing exceptional care for the patient’s family are the keys to success both inside and outside of the operating room.
Although Dr. Havemann maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal surgery, she has particular interests in wound management and reconstruction, emergency thoracic and abdominal procedures, and surgical oncology.
- Bachelor of Arts: Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Rotating Internship: Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Surgical Internship: Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Surgical Residency: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Columbus, Ohio
Residency Trained in Veterinary Surgery
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Western Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association