Christie Csonka, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Dayton, where she has been part of the emergency team since 2012. Dr. Csonka completed her Bachelor of Arts degree at Miami University prior to completing her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Csonka is a native of the Cleveland area, where she worked as an associate in general practice prior to relocating to Dayton to pursue her interest in emergency medicine.
While Dr. Csonka is experienced in all aspects of small animal emergency medicine, she maintains a particular interest in the medical management of feline lower urinary tract disease, and managing urethral obstruction in cats. Dr. Csonka is knowledgeable about minimizing stress in feline patients, and educates veterinary professionals on stress-free handling techniques. She enjoys communicating with clients, and ensuring families have a clear understanding of what to expect as their pet recovers from an illness or injury.
- Bachelors of Science: Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, St. Kitts, West Indies
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association