Christina Boekhout, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a Veterinary Surgeon who joined the MedVet Northern Utah team in June 2020. Dr. Boekhout earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with a Minor in Chemistry from Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine in Auburn, AL. She then completed a Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship at Georgia Veterinary Specialists in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Boekhout then completed her internship and residency in Surgery at the Animal Specialty and Emergency Center in Los Angeles, CA.
Since completing her residency, Dr. Boekhout has authored several scientific papers including Incidence of Transcortical Tibial Fractures with Self-Tapping and Non-Self-Tapping Screws in a TPLO model and Closed Reduction and Fluoroscopic-Assisted Percutaneous Pinning of 42 Physeal Fractures in 37 Dogs and 4 Cats, both published in Veterinary Surgery.
In addition to maintaining special interests in surgical oncology, urogenital surgery, minimally invasive fracture repair, and pain management, Dr. Boekhout enjoys the variety of patients she gets to see recover from surgery, feel better, and return to their normal life.
In her free time, Dr. Boekhout enjoys spending time exploring Utah on skis or climbing rocks.
- Bachelor of Science (Biology, Minor in Chemistry): Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Auburn University College, Auburn, Alabama
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology (VSSO)
- Utah Veterinary Medical Association (UVMA)