Cora Catak, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet Chicago team in June 2020. Dr. Catak attended the City University of New York – Brooklyn College and studied biology and philosophy before attaining her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine at Urbana-Champaign in Urbana, IL.
Dr. Catak has a special interest in emergency pain management, emergency stabilization, endocrinology emergencies, cardiovascular emergencies, and acute pain management. She finds nothing more satisfactory than being able to help an animal ease their pain, heal, and see them go home. The ability to give positive updates to a pet parent and hearing how much they love their pet are absolute favorites. She feels grateful to help pets and their families and does her best to go far above and beyond to be worthy of their trust.
In her free time, she is passionate about leading a vegan lifestyle and creating plant-based goods. She also enjoys pet rescue by fostering senior dogs and cats, providing hospice care to those that are terminally ill.
- Studied Biology and Philosophy at the City University of New York - Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- Emergency Medicine
- American College of Veterinary Emergency Medicine and Critical Care (ACVECC)
- Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association (HSVMA)
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)