Cornelia Peterson, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Hilliard where she has been part of the medical team since 2015. Dr. Peterson is a graduate of The Ohio State University, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Peterson completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
During her training, she developed an interest in ophthalmology and was the recipient of several awards, including the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ACVO) Outstanding Veterinary Student Award at The Ohio State University, as well as the Gertrude Hoeger Award in Basic Biomedical Research. Dr. Peterson is currently working on a Master of Science degree in Vision Science at the Ohio State University, which involves researching treatment interventions for both canine and human diabetic keratopathy.
Dr. Peterson has authored and co-authored multiple scientific papers published in veterinary publications. She is an advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals, and she has presented her research both nationally and internationally. When not treating patients, Dr. Peterson enjoys swimming and camping.
- Bachelors of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Urbana, Illinois
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- ARVO (Association for Research in Vision & Ophthalmology)