Dr. Stelmach earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Colorado in Boulder, CO. She then attended the Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, CA where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Stelmach completed a rotating internship in radiology at Equine Sports Medicine in Weatherford, TX followed by a residency in radiology and diagnostic imagining at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in Athens, GA.
Dr. Stelmach believes strongly in a collaborative approach to patient care. She maintains special interests in whole body CT, musculoskeletal ultrasound, MRI and brain and spine MRI, abdominal and thoracic ultrasound, urethral and tracheal stent placement, tracheal and esophageal fluoroscopy, and image guided biopsy.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Stelmach enjoys hiking, snowboarding, camping, rock climbing, fishing, traveling, and spending time with her family.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Dainna Stelmach, Veterinary Radiologist at MedVet Salt Lake City and MedVet Northern Utah.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA
- Internship: Equine Sports Medicine, Weatherford, TX
- Residency: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, GA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American College of Veterinary Radiologists (ACVR)
- Utah Veterinary Medical Association (UVMA)
- Veterinary Interventional Radiology and Interventional Endoscopy Society (VIRIES)