Danielle LaVecchio, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Columbus where she has been part of the medical team since 2012. Dr. LaVecchio attended Pennsylvania State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree and The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. LaVecchio completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island in New York. Following her internship, Dr. LaVecchio worked in private practice and at the Franklin County Dog Shelter before joining the MedVet team. She also published a scientific paper “Serum Cardiac Troponin I Concentration in Retired Racing Greyhounds in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2009. When not treating patients, Dr. LaVecchio enjoys maintaining her several fish tanks, scuba diving and spending time with her family and three dogs.
- Bachelors of Science: Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island, West Islip, New York
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine