Dr. Geiger earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, MA. He then attended the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in Ithaca, NY where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following earning his veterinary degree, Dr. Geiger earned a Master of Science degree in Veterinary Medical Sciences from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. Additionally, he completed a small animal medicine and surgery internship at the Veterinary Specialty Hospital of San Diego in Sorrento Valley, CA, before returning to Blacksburg, VA, where he completed a neurology and neurosurgery residency at the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Geiger brings over 12 years of veterinary neurology experience to MedVet and is a published co-author of several scientific articles in various veterinary journals and publications, including the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. In addition, he is an advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals, lecturing on a wide variety of veterinary neurology topics. Dr. Geiger has a special interest in less invasive spinal surgery techniques, CT and MRI diagnosis of neurological diseases, and the management of encephalitis and strokes.
- Bachelor of Science: Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, MA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, NY
- Master of Science: Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA
- Internship: Veterinary Specialty Hospital of San Diego, Sorrento Valley, CA
- Residency: Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, VA
- Veterinary Neurosurgical Society (VNS)
- British Veterinary Neurology Society (BVNS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)