David Kergosien, MS, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified small animal Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Mandeville. He serves on the Board of Directors for MedVet and has been part of the leadership team since 2012. Dr. Kergosien attended Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Masters of Science in Immunology degree and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Kergosien completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery followed by a three-year residency in small animal surgery at MedVet Columbus.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Dr. Kergosien has earned recognition for his work in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery as well as published papers on treatment options for torn anterior cruciate ligaments (ACL) in dogs.
Although Dr. Kergosien is experienced in all aspects of small animal surgery, he has particular interests in neurologic and orthopedic surgery. When not treating patients, Dr. Kergosien enjoys spending time with his family and fishing whenever possible.
- Master of Science in Immunology: Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Starkville, Mississippi
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Starkville, Mississippi
- Internship: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Worthington, Ohio
- Residency: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Worthington, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association
- Southeast Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Florida Parish Veterinary Medical Association
- South Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association