David Silliman, DVM is a veterinarian who is residency trained in Surgery. He has been a part of the surgery team at MedVet Asheville since 2019. A North Carolina native, Dr. Silliman attended North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC where he earned both a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and Zoology. Following his undergraduate studies, he attended Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in St. Kitts, West Indies. where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Dr. Silliman then went on to complete a yearlong small animal rotating internship, as well as a surgical internship, followed by a three-year surgical residency at Veterinary Specialty Center in Buffalo Grove, IL.
Professional interests of Dr. Silliman include minimally invasive soft tissue procedures, surgical oncology, as well as orthopedic surgeries and advanced surgical techniques. Outside of the operating room, he focuses on providing comprehensive patient care, with patient quality of life always remaining of the utmost importance. Dr. Silliman believes that a combination of compassion, commitment, communication, and teamwork are the ideal tools for providing the best possible veterinary care to his patients.
When he is not busy caring for animals, Dr. Silliman enjoys hiking and fishing, as well as spending time with his family, friends, dog, and two cats.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and Zoology: North Carolina State University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (St. Kitts, West Indies)
- Small Animal Rotating Internship: Veterinary Specialty Center (Buffalo Grove, IL)
- Surgery Internship: Veterinary Specialty Center (Buffalo Grove, IL)
- Three-year Surgical Residency: Veterinary Specialty Center (Buffalo Grove, IL)