DeAnna Cotton, MPH, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Lexington where she has been part of the emergency team since 2016. Dr. Cotton started working in veterinary clinics while in high school and became a licensed veterinary technician while attending college. She attended the University of Kentucky where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree and a Masters in Public Health followed by Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
Following graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Cotton worked in a general small animal and emergency practice before joining MedVet. She is passionate about emergency medicine as she loves the variety of cases and the demanding pace.
Dr. Cotton maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal emergency medicine with particular interest in ophthalmology and soft tissue surgery. When not treating patients, Dr. Cotton enjoys couponing, gardening, and spending time with family.
- Bachelors of Science: University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- Masters of Public Health: University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, Kentucky
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn, Alabama
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association