DeAnna Cotton, MPH, DVM, is the Medical Director and an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Lexington. She has been a part of the team since 2016.
Dr. Cotton started working in veterinary clinics in high school and became a licensed veterinary technician while attending college. She attended the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree and a Masters in Public Health degree. Dr. Cotton then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine in Auburn, AL. Prior to joining MedVet, she worked in a general small animal and emergency practice.
Dr, Cotton is passionate about emergency medicine as she loves the variety of cases and the demanding pace. She has a special interest in ophthalmology and soft tissue surgery.
When not treating patients, Dr. Cotton enjoys couponing, gardening, and spending time with family.
- Bachelors of Science: University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Masters of Public Health: University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KY
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn, AL
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association (KVMA)