Debra A. Primovic, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Hilliard where she has been part of the team since 2004. Dr. Primovic is a graduate of The Ohio State University where she earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, as well as her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following veterinary school, Dr. Primovic worked in a small animal practice and at a busy emergency and critical care hospital for over a decade. In addition to her work in the emergency room, Dr. Primovic serves as a writer of staff training protocols and pet health articles for MedVet.
For over a decade, Dr. Primovic served as Editor-in-Chief of one of the top 10 pet health information websites in the country. Although Dr. Primovic maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal emergency medicine, she has a particular interest in feline medicine, kidney failure, and cardiovascular disease. Her favorite part of practicing emergency medicine is the challenge of diagnosing animals’ illnesses and providing treatment to improve their health. When not treating patients, Dr. Primovic enjoys spending time with her family, being outdoors, and traveling.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing: Ohio State University College of Nursing, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine