Dr. Agarwal earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya in MHOW, Madhya Pradesh, India. She then obtained her Master of Veterinary Science from Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University in Chennai, India. Following earning her Masters degree, she completed her PhD at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA.
Dr. Agarwal then completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR, a yearlong specialty internship in emergency and critical care medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA, and a yearlong specialty internship in small animal cardiology at MedVet Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Agarwal completed her residency (three-year) at the University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown in Prince Edward Island, Canada.
She has authored and co-authored more than 10 publications on topics of cardiology and emergency and critical care. Dr. Agarwal maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal cardiology with particular interests in diagnosing and managing acquired heart disease, managing arrhythmia, anti-arrhythmic interventions including pacemakers, and interventional procedures for congenital heart disease.
Dr. Agarwal has always been fascinated by veterinary cardiology, which allows veterinarians to identify various heart conditions in pets as they can’t express their ailment and discomfort in words. She feels privileged to have the training and expertise to identify various acquired and congenital heart conditions in animals and offer treatment options that can favorably alter the course of the disease and prognosis. Dr. Agarwal looks forward to working closely with pets’ family members to ensure their pet(s) get the best possible care. She also enjoys working closely with professional colleagues and private practitioners to help pets receive state-of-the-art veterinary care.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Agarwal enjoys spending time with her family, playing badminton, traveling, listening to music, and reading non-fiction books.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, MHOW, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Master of Veterinary Science: Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai, India
- PhD: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Medicine and Surgery Internship: Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Emergency and Critical Care Internship: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Small Animal Cardiology Internship: MedVet Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Residency: Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Prince Edward Island Veterinary Medical Association (PEIVMA)
- Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine