Dr. Dawes earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Pennsylvania State University in State College, PA. She then attended the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN where she earned a Master of Science degree. Following earning her Master of Science degree, Dr. Dawes earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. Prior to joining MedVet, she practiced veterinary medicine at AA Small Animal Emergency Service.
Dr. Dawes has a passion for interacting with people and animals to help them through crisis. An active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals, she has presented lectures on emergency topics, such as “Heat Strokes”. In addition to education, she has a special interest in transfusion medicine, critical care, pain management, and fluid therapy.
When not treating patients, Dr. Dawes enjoys running, strength training, and dressage.
- Bachelor of Science: Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- Master of Science: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)