Dianne Dawes, MS, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian and Medical Director at MedVet Lexington. She has been part of the medical team since 1993. Dr. Dawes attended Pennsylvania State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree followed by the University of Tennessee where she earned both a Master of Science and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Dawes practiced veterinary medicine at AA Small Animal Emergency Service prior to joining the MedVet team.
Although Dr. Dawes maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal emergency medicine, she has special interest in transfusion medicine, critical care, pain management, and fluid therapy. She is has presented continuing education lectures on emergency topics, such as “Heat Stroke” to veterinarians and veterinary technicians. Dr. Dawes has a passion for interacting with people and animals to help them through crisis. When not treating patients, she enjoys running, strength training and dressage.
- Bachelors of Science: Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- Masters of Science: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association