Donna Coogan, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Norwalk where she has been part of the medical team since 2021. Dr. Coogan attended the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY where she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology. She went on to earn her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in Ithaca, NY. Following veterinary school, Dr. Coogan completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Boren Veterinary Medical Hospital which is part of the Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Stillwater, OK.
Dr. Coogan is experienced in all aspects of emergency medicine with a particular interest in trauma, toxicity, and immune mediated disease. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is collaborating with multiple specialists and referring veterinarians in order to provide the best possible care for patients and their families.
When not treating patients, Dr. Coogan enjoys spending time with family.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Rotating Medicine & Small Animal Internship: Boren Veterinary Medical Hospital, Stillwater, OK
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)