Dorothy Jackson, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Oncology), CVA, is a board-certified Veterinary Medical Oncologist who joined the MedVet Norwalk team in 2019. Dr. Jackson attended Mississippi State University (MSU) in Starkville, MS for her undergraduate degree, and the MSU College of Veterinary Medicine for her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Dr. Jackson completed a rotating internship at the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO and a second internship in Oncology at Georgia Veterinary Specialists in Sandy Springs, GA. She then completed her Oncology residency at the Veterinary Care Center, now known as MedVet Norwalk, in Norwalk, CT. After becoming a board-certified Veterinary Medical Oncologist, Dr. Jackson pursued additional training in Acupuncture at the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine to become a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA).
Dr. Jackson’s favorite part about being a veterinarian is being able to think outside of the box when it comes to treatment plans. She enjoys being able to offer a variety of treatment options to her clients in both traditional and novel therapies, including acupuncture, as well as tailoring a protocol that may include both Eastern and Western medicine.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Jackson enjoys spending time with her wife and their pets (three cats and a dog), as well as cooking, trying new restaurants, and visiting museums, zoos, and aquariums.
- Bachelor's Degree: Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi
- Rotating Internship: University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- Oncology Internship: Georgia Veterinary Specialists, Sandy Springs, Georgia
- Residency: Veterinary Cancer Center, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)