Elizabeth De la Torre, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Dallas where she has been a member of the team since September 2020. Dr. De laTorre attended the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science with a minor in Zoology. She went on to attend three years of veterinary school at St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine in True Blue, Grenada and then completed her fourth (clinical) year at the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine in Gainesville, FL and earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. In addition, she completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Rockville, MD.
Dr. De laTorre has a special interest in trauma, shock, and wound management. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is working with her team to help animals and their families through a difficult time.
In her spare time, Dr. De laTorre enjoys being active whether she is hiking, scuba diving, salsa dancing, or completing escape rooms. When in need of some relaxation, she enjoys drawing or watching her favorite shows.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Three Years of Veterinary School: St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine, True Blue, Grenada
- Clinical Year: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Rockville, Maryland
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)