Elizabeth E. Toops, MS, DVM, Diplomate, ACVD is a BOARD CERTIFIED VETERINARY DERMATOLOGIST® at MedVet Columbus where she has been a part of the team since September 2020. Dr. Toops attended Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with a minor in Psychology. She then went on to earn a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH and a Master of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences from the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine in Auburn, AL. She has completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Charlotte, NC and returned to Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine where she completed a Dermatology Residency. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Toops worked in specialty practices in Pittsburgh, PA, Charlottesville, VA, and Richmond, VA.
Dr. Toops has a special interest in parasitic skin diseases and managing atopic skin disease. She has provided continuing education for veterinary professionals by lecturing on various small animal dermatology topics at local, regional, and national veterinary continuing education meetings.
She is the author and co-author of several scientific articles in veterinary journals on Demodex Canis and Sarcoptic Mange, and also on Canine Uveodermatologic Syndrome. Dr. Toops has a special interest in canine parasitic skin diseases and canine and feline atopy. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is seeing the happiness of the family after she has provided treatment for their pet’s dermatologic skin issues with a positive outcome.
In her spare time, Dr. Toops enjoys spending time with her two children, two cats, and two dogs.
- Bachelor of Science: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Master of Science: Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn, Alabama
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Carolina Veterinary Specialists, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Dermatology Residency: Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn, Alabama
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology (AAVD)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA)
- Virginia Veterinary Medical Association (VVMA)