Elizabeth Kergosien, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (Oncology), is a board-certified Veterinary Medical Oncologist at MedVet Mandeville and serves as the Specialty Leader for the Medical Oncology services across all MedVet locations. She has been part of the MedVet oncology team since Mandeville joined MedVet in2012. Dr. Kergosien attended Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Kergosien completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine followed by a three-year residency in small animal oncology at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
After achieving board certification with the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Dr. Kergosien joined MedVet Columbus as a medical oncologist in 2000 . She joined the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center which is now MedVet Mandville in 2004.
Dr. Kergosien an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on small animal oncology topics at the Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association conference, Veterinary Cancer Society conference, and many local veterinary medical association meeting in southern Louisiana and Mississippi.
Dr. Kergosien is dedicated to helping clients understand their pet’s disease, treatment options, and prognosis in order to make informed decisions. Her goal is to work with pet owners and referring veterinarians to improve the quality of life for all pets with cancer.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Internship: Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Starkville, Mississippi
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Cancer Society
- Florida Parish Veterinary Medical Association
- South Mississippi Veterinary Medical Association
- South Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association