Dr. Krier attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, in Urbana, IL, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences with a minor in Chemistry. She then attended the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, West Indies, where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree after completing her fourth clinical year at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana College of Veterinary Medicine in Urbana, IL. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Krier completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Urbana, IL, as well as two surgery internships, one completed at the Veterinary Specialty Center in Buffalo Grove, IL, and another at the Austin Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center in Austin, TX. Additionally, she completed a surgery residency, spending her first two years at the New England Animal Medical Center in West Bridgewater, MA before returning to the Veterinary Specialty Center in Buffalo Grove, IL, where she finished her third year.
Dr. Krier is a published co-author with written work regarding articular cartilage lesions associated with complete lateral meniscal tears in a dog. She has a special interest in minimally invasive surgery, arthroscopy, and orthopedics. Dr. Krier’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is educating pet owners regarding their pet’s condition, fostering the human-animal bond, and the gratification of helping pets return to good health. She also enjoys learning and continuing education as veterinary medicine is constantly advancing.
When not caring for her patients, Dr. Krier enjoys SCUBA diving, music, and spending time with family. She also enjoys following her Alma Mater’s and Chicago’s sports teams.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, West Indies
- Internship: University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Urbana, IL
- Internship: Veterinary Specialty Center, Buffalo Grove, IL
- Internship: Austin Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center, Austin, TX
- Residency: New England Animal Medical Center, West Bridgewater, MA, Veterinary Specialty Center, Buffalo Grove, IL
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons – Small Animal
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)