Elizabeth Roy, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Chicago where she has been part of the emergency team since 2016. Dr. Roy attended the University of Delaware where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science, as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. After completing her undergraduate studies, Dr. Roy attended the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine where she received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2010. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Roy completed a yearlong rotating internship in small animal emergency medicine at Ocean State Veterinary Specialists in East Greenwich, Rhode Island.
Dr. Roy thrives in the fast-paced environment of the emergency room, and enjoys the challenge of working in emergency and critical care. During veterinary school, Dr. Roy spent her free time volunteering for a low-cost spay/neuter clinic for feral cats, and developed a special interest in feline medicine. When she isn’t busy caring for animals, Dr. Roy enjoys staying active by running, hiking, and traveling.
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science: University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Internship (Small Animal Emergency Medicine): Ocean State Veterinary Specialists, East Greenwich, Rhode Island
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- American Veterinary Medical Association